Washington State Approved EMT 30 Hour Refresher Course
This 30-hour EMT refresher course meets the educational and national requirements for:
- Washington State continuing medical education (CME) recertification requirements WAC 246-976-162 for EMTs who do not meet ongoing training and evaluation program (OTEP) requirements listed in WAC 246-976-163.
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) recertification via the National Continued Competency Program (NCCP) model (it does not include (10) required individual NCCP content hours).
- Lapsed NREMT certifications.
The book requirement for this course is the Emergency Medical Technician Transition Manual by AAOS. The Book is included in the cost of the class but you will need to pick it up at CCFD5 prior to class. If you need the book mailed to you please call 564-397-2100 for options. If you have an EMT book that is less than three years old you may use that in place of the EMT Transition Manual. The cost of the class is the same regardless of which book you use.
PlatinumEd Testing Platform access code: $49.00
- PlatinumEd is the testing Platform we use in our initial EMT course. It is proven to help students pass the NREMT Cognitive exam on the first try.
**Registration for this course open on Tuesday, October 26th at 9:00am.**
Class Length: 30- hours
**This online course was designed to be dynamic for students as they go through the course material at their own pace, over the span of two weeks. ** However the deadline to complete all online course curriculum is Thursday, December 9th. Please visit https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/530217.pdf for a breakdown of the curriculum covered in this 30-hour refresher course.
Lectures covering major topics will be taught online as both recorded lectures and live lectures. Please see dates below for live interactive lecture dates and times. Psychomotor skills demonstration videos are also online. **Class will meet for one Friday, December 10th, of in-person skills testing, and skills will be evaluated by state-approved EMS Evaluators. **Please go to https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/530226.pdf to view the Washington State Department of Health, approved EMT psychomotor skill sheets.
Minimum skills to be included during the refresher course.
- · BVM ventilation of an apneic patient
- · Oxygen administration by non-rebreather mask
- · Patient assessment-management - medical
- · Patient assessment-management - trauma
- · Cardiac arrest management-AED
- · Bleeding control-shock management
- · Long bone immobilization
- · Joint immobilization
- · Spinal immobilization (supine patient)
- · Spinal immobilization (seated patient)
Class Dates and times
Online class opens on Monday, November 20th and closes on Thursday, December 9th. All Online coursework must be completed by Midnight on Thursday, December 9th.
Live virtual instructor led lecture will be held on the following days and times via Zoom.
- Date: Thursday, December 9th Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
NREMT Psychomotor skills testing day in person: Friday, December 10th from 0900-1700.
Please note: due to COVID-19 there will be extreme safety measures in place that need to be adhered to at all times. Students will be expected to wear while on the premises: face covering, N95 masks when in close contact with one another which we will provide, gloves and when appropriate gowns, goggles or face shields. Instructors will adhere to the same PPE.)