Attention Clark College students: please call Melissa at 564-397-2100 to get us your contact information.
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) -Hybrid Accelerated Course
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for initial EMT certification. This is an accelerated course with the didactic portion conducted through distributed “online” learning. The course duration is approximately 11 weeks. EMT training will prepare you for an entry level position in the field of Prehospital Emergency Medical Services.
Class Days and Times
The first day of class for Winter quarter will be Jan 3rd, 2022. Class is live and in person every Monday and Wednesday, excluding holidays, from 9:00am-1:00pm for CCFD5 and 5:00pm-9:00pm for Clark College Students.
The first day of Spring quarter will be April 4th, 2022.
Winter Registration opens Monday, November 29th, 2021 at 9:00am
- Registration opens Monday, November 29th, at 9:00am. We will not be taking any phone registrations and we highly encourage online registration as the course does fill very quickly.
- Full tuition, $1975.00, must be paid if registering online through the website.
- Payment via Cash/check, or the option of partial payment, must be made in person at CCFD5. Please note, should you choose to register in person, you are not guaranteed a spot in the program as the in-person registration is time consuming.
Spring Registration will open on Feburary 28th, 2022 at 9:00am.
Pre-requisites: Due no later than Wednesday, December 29th, 2021 at 5:00pm. If all prerequisites are not turned in by this date, then the incomplete file will be labeled as such, and individuals with incomplete files will be removed from the course roster and not allowed to attend class.
List of prerequisites
- Copy of a medical level CPR card such as: American Heart Association BLS, Emergency Care and Safety Institute for Healthcare Providers, Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers, or a CPR course for Professional Rescuers.
- Must be at least 17 years old. Photo ID as Proof.
- Must provide a copy of High School diploma or GED.
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov.) CCFD5 can do this for a small fee.
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver.
- TB test results conducted within the prior year.
- Complete the 7-hour Bloodborne pathogens HIV KNOW test through our online learning management system called Moodle. You will get access to this online platform once you've registered for the course. The due date for this test to be complete will be posted in Moodle.
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Per the State of Washington COVID-19 mandate effective October 19, 2021, all EMS providers in the State of Washington must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to obtain or maintain EMS certification. As such all students are required to provide proof of full vaccination as a requirement for entry into the program. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after the two-dose series of Pfizer or Moderna, or the one dose series J&J. Be advised that this definition may change in the future to include the booster dose as well and is currently highly recommended.
- Currently, we are not admitting non vaccinated students who request medical or religious exemptions. We will keep a roster of those individuals and if in the future vaccination requirements change, we will admit those students.
Failure to turn in pre-requisites will mean disqualification from taking the EMT online hybrid course
In addition to the above prerequisites, there is a Mandatory Orientation day to attend.
- Tuesday, December 7th 6:00pm-8:30pm (CLARK COUNTY FIRE DIST. 5 STUDENTS)
- Monday, December 6th 6:00pm-8:30pm (CLARK COLLEGE STUDENTS)
During the orientation, we cover important information and paperwork as well as prepare participants for the clinical phase. This includes FIT testing for N95 mask.
Tuition: $1,975.00 (Non-refundable $100 registration fee due at the time of registration.)
- Option 1 tuition payment: If paid in full prior to class start date the cost is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,875.00 class tuition for a total of $1,975.00.
- Option 2 tuition payment: Split into two payments. The first payment is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,000.00 class tuition fee paid prior to first day of class. The second payment, due 3 weeks after class start date, is $925.00 for a total of $2,025.00.
- EMT equipment kit bundle- $48.00 + tax -Every student must purchase this kit through CCFD5 training, which includes a stethescope, blood pressure cuff, pen light and N95 mask. There will be no exceptions
Textbook, Uniform, and Lab supplies:
Textbooks are NOT included in the price of tuition. This course uses Emergency Care 14th edition. Please order the textbook bundle from CCFD5 at your earliest convenience. Call CCFD5 for more details. Students are also required to purchase lab supplies in a bundle from CCFD5 directly. Included in this bundle is a stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, pen light and an N95 mask. This bundle costs $48+tax.