Online Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)-Accelerated course
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for initial EMT certification. This is an accelerated course with the didactic portion conducted through distributed “online” learning. The course duration is approximately 11 weeks with class meeting twice a week, Monday and Wednesday mornings, from 9:00am – 1:00pm for psychomotor skills. EMT training will prepare you for an entry level position in the field of Prehospital Emergency Medical Services.
- Registration opens Monday May 17th, 2021 at 9am. We will not be taking any phone registrations and we highly encourage online registation as the course does fill very quickly.
- Full tuition, $1975, must be paid if registering online through the website.
- Payment via Cash/check, or the option of partial payment, must be made in person at CCFD5. Please note that should you choose to register in person, you are not guaranteed a spot in the program as the in person registration is time consuming.
Pre-requisites: Due no later than Friday, June 18th by 2 p.m. Students are encouraged to get these turned in asap
- Copy of a medical level CPR card such as: American Heart Association BLS, Emergency Care and Safety Institute for Healthcare Providers, Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers, or a CPR course for Professional Rescuers.
- Must be at least 17 years old
- Must provide a copy of High School diploma or GED
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov) CCFD5 can do this for a fee
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver
Failure to turn in pre-requisites by Friday, June 18th 2021 will mean disqualification from taking the EMT online hybrid course
Tuition: $1,975.00 (Non-refundable $100 registration fee due at the time of registration.)
- Option 1 tuition payment: If paid in full prior to class start date the cost is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,875.00 class tuition for a total of $1,975.00.
- Option 2 tuition payment: Split into two payments. The first payment is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,000.00 class tuition fee paid prior to first day of class. The second payment, due 3 weeks after class start date, is $925.00 for a total of $2,025.00.
Online Orientation and Class Days and times:
- Orientation will be virtual. A link will be provided once a student has registered.
- Class days are all online with the first day of the term beginning Monday June 21st, 2021.
- Psychomotor skills labs will be on Monday and Wednesday mornings from 0900-1300 (9am-1pm), beginning Monday, June 21st, 2021. The skills labs will be both days and students will be expected to attend every lab day. (Please note: due to COVID-19 there will be extreme safety measures in place that need to be adhered to at all times. Students will be expected to wear while on the premises: face covering, N95 masks when in close contact with one another (provided by CCFD5 training), gloves and when appropriate gowns, goggles or face shields. Instructors will adhere to the same PPE.
- Final practical (Psychomotor Exam) is Saturday, August 28th, 2021 from 8am to 5pm. Final written (Final Cognitive) is Monday, August 30th, 2021 online.
Textbook & Uniform:
Textbooks are NOT included in the price of tuition. We will be using Emergency Care 14th edition, including a MyBradyLab access code and online access to the secure testing platform through PlatinumEd.
Students will need to purchase a CCFD5 EMS t-shirt to wear to skills labs and to final practical.
National Registry Exam and State of Washington Certification:
After successful completion of this course, students are then eligible for the National Registry Cognitive Exam. After passing the NREMT exam, then they are eligible for affiliation in the state of WA. Only with affiliation can a nationally certified EMT become licensed as an EMT in the state of WA. Affiliation can be found through fire departments or private ambulance companies, such as AMR. For questions about becoming an EMT in Oregon, please visit Oregon.gov