Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) -Hybrid Accelerated Course
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for initial EMT certification. This is an accelerated course with the didactic portion conducted through distributed “online” learning. The course duration is approximately 11 weeks. EMT training will prepare you for an entry level position in the field of Prehospital Emergency Medical Services.
Class Days and Times
The first day of class will be Sept. 20th. Class is live and in person every Monday and Wednesday, excluding holidays, from 9:00am-1:00pm.
REGISTRATION: Fall Registration opens Monday August 16th at 9:00
- Registration opens Monday, August 16th at 9:00am. We will not be taking any phone registrations and we highly encourage online registration as the course does fill very quickly.
- Full tuition, $1975.00, must be paid if registering online through the website.
- Payment via Cash/check, or the option of partial payment, must be made in person at CCFD5. Please note, should you choose to register in person, you are not guaranteed a spot in the program as the in-person registration is time consuming.
Pre-requisites: Due no later than Wednesday, September 15th, 2021 at 5:00pm. If all prerequisites are not turned in by this date, then the incomplete file will be labeled as such, and individuals with incomplete files will be removed from the course roster and not allowed to attend class.
List of prerequisites
- Copy of a medical level CPR card such as: American Heart Association BLS, Emergency Care and Safety Institute for Healthcare Providers, Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers, or a CPR course for Professional Rescuers.
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- Must provide a copy of High School diploma or GED.
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov.) CCFD5 can do this for a small fee.
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver.
- TB test results conducted within the prior year.
- Complete the 7-hour Bloodborne pathogens HIV KNOW test through our online learning management system called Moodle. You will get access to this online platform once you've registered for the course. The due date for this test to be complete will be posted in Moodle.
- Purchase of Uniform Shirt from CCFD5.
Failure to turn in pre-requisites will mean disqualification from taking the EMT online hybrid course
In addition to the above prerequisites, there is a MANDATORY ORIENTATION day to attend. Please call the front office at (564) 397-2100 to sign up for one of the following orientation dates.
- Monday, August 23rd 6:00pm-8:00pm
During the orientation, we cover important information and paperwork as well as prepare participants for the clinical phase. This includes FIT testing for N95 mask, and a formal picture taken for student ID badge.
Tuition: $1,975.00 (Non-refundable $100 registration fee due at the time of registration.)
- Option 1 tuition payment: If paid in full prior to class start date the cost is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,875.00 class tuition for a total of $1,975.00.
- Option 2 tuition payment: Split into two payments. The first payment is the $100.00 non-refundable registration fee plus $1,000.00 class tuition fee paid prior to first day of class. The second payment, due 3 weeks after class start date, is $925.00 for a total of $2,025.00.
Textbook, Uniform, and Lab supplies:
Textbooks are NOT included in the price of tuition. This course uses Emergency Care 14th edition. Please order the textbook bundle from CCFD5 at your earliest convenience. Call CCFD5 for more details. Students are also required to purchase lab supplies in a bundle from CCFD5 directly. Included in this bundle is a stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, pen light and an N95 mask. This bundle costs $48+tax.