Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Hybrid Accelerated Course
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for initial EMT certification. This is an accelerated course with the didactic portion conducted through distributed “online” learning. The course duration is approximately 11 weeks. EMT training will prepare you for an entry level position in the field of Prehospital Emergency Medical Services.
CLASS DAYS & TIMES:
The first day of class for Summer quarter will be June 26th, 2023. Class is live and in-person every Monday and Wednesday, excluding holidays, from 9:00am-2:00pm for Fire District 5 students. Clark Community College does not offer a summer program.
(The first day of Fall quarter will be September 25th, 2023.)
- Summer Registration will open May 22nd at 9am. We will not be taking any phone registrations and we highly encourage online registration as the course does fill very quickly.
- Full tuition is $1975.00, if paying through the website at the time of registration. Non-refundable registration fee of $150 is also available via online payment.
- Payment via cash/check, must be made in person at CCFD5. Please note, should you choose to register in person, you are not guaranteed a spot in the program due to on-line registrations automatically taking precedence.
Due no later than Wednesday, June 21st, 2023 at 5:00pm. If all prerequisites are not turned in by this date, then the incomplete file will be labeled as such, and individuals with incomplete files will be removed from the course roster and not allowed to attend class.
List of prerequisites:
- Copy of a medical level CPR card such as: American Heart Association BLS, Emergency Care and Safety Institute for Healthcare Providers, Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers, or a CPR course for Professional Rescuers.
- Must be at least 17 years old. Photo ID as Proof.
- Must provide a copy of High School diploma or GED.
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov.) CCFD5 can do this for a non-refundable $15 fee.
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver.
- TB test results conducted within the prior year.
- Complete the 7-hour Bloodborne pathogens HIV KNOW test through our online learning management system called Moodle. You will get access to this online platform once you've registered for the course via an email from the EMT program. The due date for this test to be complete will be posted in Moodle.
- Orientation Packet Forms
In addition to the above prerequisites, there is a Mandatory Orientation day to attend, during which we cover important information and paperwork. Tuesday, June 6th, 2023 at 6:00pm-8:30pm (FIRE DISTRICT 5 STUDENTS)
We are no longer requiring students to be vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to participate in our program. Please note that there might be additional requirements for those who are not vaccinated in order to go on ride-alongs with our local agencies.
TUITION: PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PAYMENT OPTIONS HAVE CHANGED
We are no longer providing a split payment option. Our current tuition options are:
Pay in full - $1,975.00 including non-refundable $150.00 application fee due at the time of registration.
Pay Application Fee - $150.00 at time of registration; Remaining balance of $1,825.00 must be paid by the first day of class.
TEXTBOOK, UNIFORM, LAB KIT (not included in tuition):
Students are required to purchase the following supplies from CCFD5 (no exceptions): Pick-up of purchased materials will be on Orientation night, unless prearranged.
Book Bundle: $310+tax Emergency Care 14th Edition, including a MyBradyLab access code, online access to the secure testing platform PlatinumEd, and additional online materials.
CCFD5 Uniform Shirt: approximately $20 to $45+tax, short/long sleeved t-shirts or sweatshirts
Lab Kit: $55+tax- includes a stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, pen light and N95 mask. Lab kits are available for purchase!