Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Hybrid Accelerated Course
This course meets the Washington State Department of Health requirements for initial EMT certification. This is an accelerated course with the didactic portion conducted through distributed “online” learning. The course duration is approximately 11 weeks. EMT training will prepare you for an entry level position in the field of Prehospital Emergency Medical Services.
CLASS DAYS & TIMES: Winter Term is FULL, please call for our waitlist.
The first day of class for Winter quarter will be January 4th, 2023. Class is live and in-person every Monday and Wednesday, excluding holidays, from 9:00am-2:00pm for Fire District 5 students. Clark College students will be in class Mondays and Wednesdays 4:00pm to 8:50pm.
(The first day of Spring quarter will be April 3rd, 2023.)
- Winter Registration will open November 28th at 9am. We will not be taking any phone registrations and we highly encourage online registration as the course does fill very quickly.
- Full tuition is $1975.00, if paying through the website at the time of registration.
- Payment via cash/check, or the option of partial payment, must be made in person at CCFD5. Please note, should you choose to register in person, you are not guaranteed a spot in the program due to on-line registrations automatically taking precedence.
Due no later than Wednesday, December 28th, 2022 at 5:00pm. If all prerequisites are not turned in by this date, then the incomplete file will be labeled as such, and individuals with incomplete files will be removed from the course roster and not allowed to attend class.
List of prerequisites:
- Copy of a medical level CPR card such as: American Heart Association BLS, Emergency Care and Safety Institute for Healthcare Providers, Red Cross BLS for Healthcare Providers, or a CPR course for Professional Rescuers.
- Must be at least 17 years old. Photo ID as Proof.
- Must provide a copy of High School diploma or GED.
- Washington State background check (www.wsp.wa.gov.) CCFD5 can do this for a non-refundable $15 fee.
- Immunization records for MMR and Hepatitis B or a waiver.
- TB test results conducted within the prior year.
- Complete the 7-hour Bloodborne pathogens HIV KNOW test through our online learning management system called Moodle. You will get access to this online platform once you've registered for the course via an email from the EMT program. The due date for this test to be complete will be posted in Moodle.
- Orientation Packet Forms
In addition to the above prerequisites, there is a Mandatory Orientation day to attend, during which we cover important information and paperwork. Monday, December 12th 6:00pm-8:30pm (FIRE DISTRICT 5 STUDENTS and CLARK students.)
- Per the State of Washington COVID-19 mandate effective October 19, 2021, all EMS providers in the State of Washington must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to obtain or maintain EMS certification. As such, all students are required to provide proof of full vaccination as a requirement for entry into the program. Please contact CCFD5 for details on vaccine requirements. Boosters for COVID vaccinations are not required for this program, but are recommended by the CDC.
- Currently, we are not admitting non-vaccinated students who request medical or religious exemptions. If in the future vaccination requirements change, we will make appropriate updates to our website.
Pay in full - $1,975.00 including non-refundable $150.00 application fee due at the time of registration.
Please call (564) 397-2100 to pay remaining balance for the following options:
**Option 1 tuition payment: Due at time of registration is non-refundable $150 application fee. Remaining balance of $1,825.00 must be paid by the first day of class.
**Option 2 tuition payment: Split into two payments. Due at time of registration is non-refundable $150 application fee. Class tuition first payment of $1,000.00 paid prior to first day of class. The second payment of $875.00 due by end of the third week of class, for a total of $2,025.00.
TEXTBOOK, UNIFORM, LAB KIT (not included in tuition):
Students are required to purchase the following supplies from CCFD5 (no exceptions): Pick-up of purchased materials will be on Orientation night, unless prearranged.
Book Bundle: $310+tax Emergency Care 14th Edition, including a MyBradyLab access code and online access to the secure testing platform PlatinumEd.
CCFD5 Uniform Shirt: approximately $20 to $45+tax, short/long sleeved t-shirts or sweatshirts
Lab Kit: $55+tax- includes a stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, pen light and N95 mask