HIV/AIDS - 7 hour
This HIV/Aids training will fulfill the Washington State Department of Licensing requirements for all health related professions under the disciplinary authority of the Uniform Disciplinary Act (RCW 18.130). The 7 hour program will present a comprehensive look at HIV/AIDS. Curriculum includes Etiology and Epidemiology of HIV, transmission and infection control, clinical manifestations and treatment, psychological, legal and ethical issues and testing and counseling. The book is included in the cost of the class and must be read before coming to class. This is a 7 hour class but 5 hours will be prep time at home and 2 hours in class with the instructor for lecture and exam. You will need to come by the office to receive a copy of the book. Student must have access to the book during class. A certificate will be issued upon passing.
HIV/AIDS training is required for initial licensure, or reinstatement of a license that has been expired for three (3) years or more.
Listed are a few of the most common health professions requiring this training:
- Adult Family Homes Resident Manager/Provider- 7 hours
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner- 7 hours
- Chiropractor/Chiropractic X-Ray Technician- 7 hours
- Counselor- 4 hours
- Dentist/Dental Hygienist- 7 hours
- Healthcare Assistant- 7 hours
- LPN- 7 hours
- Marriage/ Family Therapist- 4 hours
- Massage Therapist- 4 hours
- Mental Health Counselor- 4 hours
- Midwife- 7 hours
- Naturopathic Physician- 7 hours
- Nursing Assistant (NAC)- 7 hours
- Physical Therapists- 7 hours
- Psychologist- 7 hours
- Registered Nurse- 7 hours
- Respiratory Therapist- 7 hours
- Social Worker- 4 hours
- X-Ray Technician- 7 hours
Please contact the Department of Licensing at (360) 236-4700 with specific questions about hourly requirements for your profession.
Cost: $100.00 Important- You must read your book before coming to class.The book is included in the cost of the course.
In Class Length: 2 hours
HIV / AIDS 7-hour - Upcoming Classes
Course Date Range
3:00pm - 5:00pm